What if I resign from a J visa holding company?

What if I resign from a company with a J-visa that subject to return

Some exchange visitors with J-1 visas are subject to a two-year home-country physical presence requirement. It requires you to return  home for at least two years after your exchange visitor program

in this case, you must return to his/her home country immediately following the resignation. Your period of immigration status ends right away. if you receive unfair treatment or end up leaving the company.

In order to lawfully maintain your immigration status, you must change J-1 status to another or transfer to another company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer We do not provide legal advice from this web site. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *