Where can I get the my visa?

I got the I539 (B2 to J2) approval in USA.
Where can I get the J2 visa in my passport? Just in my country? (Israel).
Do I have another options?


A change of status from B to J does not require a visa to remain in the US. Travel out of the US will require obtaining a visa to return to the US and be admitted in J status. Home country has visa jurisdiction.

If you are currently in the United States and USCIS issued an I-797 approval for J-2 status, you do not need to immediately depart the U.S. to obtain the J-2 visa. You can schedule the J-2 visa appointment when visiting family or friends in Israel. If you visit another nation (other than your home country), you may be eligible to apply for the J-2 visa as a third-country national.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer We do not provide legal advice from this web site. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *