Rescheduling a Naturalization (Citizenship) Interview

Rescheduling a Naturalization (Citizenship) Interview

If you’ve submitted USCIS Form N-400 for naturalized citizenship, and cannot attend the scheduled interview, then you will need to send a letter to USCIS before the date the interview was scheduled. Use the address of the USCIS office on the bottom of the interview notice (Form I-797C).

Briefly explain in the letter why you cannot attend, and request an interview date at a later time. (Also mention your first possible availability, for example if you will be hospitalized for the next five weeks.) Enclose the interview notice that USCIS sent you, after making a copy for yourself.

If you can’t send the notice before the interview, you can still file a motion to reopen under 8 C.F.R. 103.5, but would be wise to get an attorney’s help.

For all other types of reschedule requests, read your notice from USCIS or consult an attorney.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer We do not provide legal advice from this web site. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *